Maybe she's born with it...maybe it's society.

As open and inviting as society is today, the pressures of growing up and fulfilling certain dreams seem as if they should be virtually non-existent. Go to college, find a job, become who you are meant to be, do crazy things, but then settle down with a ‘proper’ job, meet the love of your life, get married, and continue on your perfect life from there. Growing up…this idealistic notion that happens when you physically get older; or, even better, when you have experienced youth and are ready to move on with your future. But the pressure I feel, and I know others have to feel this same, is that of disappointment. Sure, there are so many undeniably amazing aspects of life, society, family and the lives we were born into. And yet there is still the ever-present pressure of success that we are trained to strive for.
 

It’s the pressure that keeps me up at night, the pressure to do something meaningful with my life but being constantly shut down by conformist worries about society and my families opinion of my success in life.
 

There are so many aspects of life that I enjoy and the strict guidelines of society have made it hard for me to discover and connect these interests into something I can attain and be proud of.
 

Of course, I will still continue on the path for ‘success’ as defined by society because I know that in order for me to succeed in any way, I will have to conform to some things while reaching out into unknown territories.
 

Enter: Une Touche de Rosé 
A blog where I can focus more on myself through sociological intrigue, travels, opportunities, and the lifestyle I enjoy.
 

I am Weldon Rose and this is my journey, my interests, and my unfulfilled life.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Feed

Twitter Updates

Weldon Rose

Founder and Blogger of Une Touche de Rosé
Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle Blog
Charleston, SC

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin