Top 5 Nail Polishes for Summer


Let's talk summer nails:

Those who know me will know that I am a nail polish ADDICT! I easily have 100+ bottles of polish and I just keep buying more. So of course I have bought, tried, and re-tried many colors this summer and finally settled on 5 colors I have consistently loved and used.

My top color for this summer is Deborah Lippmann's Build Me Up Buttercup.This pale yellow shade was amazing for spring and it's even better for summer. I have wanted a yellow polish for ages and finally found the perfect one! It looks gorgeous with a tan and Deborah Lippmann polishes are easily one of the best. Although pricy, they are definitely worth it for the amazing quality and colors available.

At a very close second comes Topshop's Disclosed which is a pale blue/gray color but changes with whatever lighting you are in. I love this polish so much because it is always changing color, it will randomly look green or gray and then go back to a like baby blue. Absolutely beautiful for summer and tan skin. I did pick this up while I was in London so I'm so sorry if it is not available in the US!

Those were my top two as I have constantly been wearing them which is so unusual for me.

The next three are ones that I have taken to and adore for summer but have not worn as much as the other two. There is Essie's Ruffles & Feathers from their summer 2014 collection which is a fairly plain greenish teal which I wasn't hooked on at first but after wearing it for 3 days I removed it and immediately knew I actually loved it. So I put it right back on.

The next colors I've been loving are from the new Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy collection and they are Lady Luck and Long Shot. Lady Luck is a basic pink color with a slight golden sheen to it. I love this pink because it is not baby pink, nor hot pink, nor neon. It is very versatile and the shimmer is so slight you barely notice it, which I love! Long Shot is a burnt orange shade and tends to look red in darker lighting but it is such a fun change from normal red polish. Orange has been a big color the past year and I absolutely love it, especially on nails. The Gel Envy collection is so nice, the shades are beautiful and the formula is smooth, long lasting, and easy to apply. I can't wait to try more colors from the range and I suggest you give them a go also (such a good price)!

Products Mentioned





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Feed

Twitter Updates

Weldon Rose

Founder and Blogger of Une Touche de Rosé
Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle Blog
Charleston, SC

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin