Benefit Cosmetics | They're Real! Push-up Liner Review


Although the Benefit They're Real! Push-up Liner is no longer a raved about new release, it is still a fairly new eyeliner people are asking about and trying. Many of my friends have asked me my opinion on this inventive new liner so I decided I would write a blog post detailing my experience and opinion of it.

I purchased this product a few days after its release and to say the least I was very disappointed. The liner claims to be lash-hugging, "foolproof" to apply, waterproof, and long lasting (24hrs). However, I found this liner to be none of those characteristics listed. I am very good at applying liner whether it be gel with a brush, pencil, liquid, or in pen form so to purchase this liner and believe it would be very easy to use was such a disappointment.

In one word I would describe this liner as unpredictable.

When you first open it you have to twist the bottom bit multiple times and even then no product comes out for quite a long time. Also, when you first use it, the formula is very clumpy, it doesn't apply in a smooth line, and if you get just a bit too much out onto the applicator it will simply flake off. The custom angled applicator also does nothing in pushing your eyelashes out of the way to get as close to the lash line as possible.

The product is very black (and matte!) once you get the right amount onto the applicator. However, this process takes a very long time and you have to fuss with the pen applicator quite a lot in order to get a nice, even, black line. So it is not quick or easy for those early morning cat-eyes!

Another issue with this liner is that it is not completely waterproof or smudge proof, which is also claims to be.

About a week ago I picked it back up again and this time it was easier to apply and worked (somewhat) in the way it claimed to. I have no idea why this is, but it still is very difficult to work with and you never know when it is going to work or not.

To finish this review, I do not suggest buying this liner. It is very unpredictable, quite pricy, and there are much better gel liners on the market than this one.












1 comments:

  1. Regardless it not being what you hoped for, the outcome does look amazing in the picture :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Feed

Twitter Updates

Weldon Rose

Founder and Blogger of Une Touche de Rosé
Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle Blog
Charleston, SC

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin